|There's my packet of 22 Days Plan Protein Powder mixed in with all the other wonderful treats in this month's Vegan Cuts Snack Box!|
The ingredients in the 22 Days protein powder are a refreshing blend of organic fruits and vegetables with everything from acai berry to tomatoes included in the blend. It also comes with 5,000 mg of organic flax seed per serving. Not to mention, this protein powder is organic, gluten free, GMO free and of course, vegan! I can't wait to try the next packet in a smoothie before a workout later this week.
Check out my recipe for the Morning Plant Protein Smoothie below and I hope to upload more photos of Portland soon as a separate blog entry!
|I couldn't wait to take a drink of this green plant protein packed beast of a smoothie!|
Morning Plant Protein Smoothie
(makes enough for two smaller smoothies)
• 1 cup frozen watermelon chunks
• 2 cups of fresh water
• 1 banana, peeled and sliced
• 1 Fuji apple, sliced into small chunks (I left the skin on my apple, but feel free to peel it, if it's not your thing.)
• 1 packet vanilla 22 Days Nutrition Plant Protein Power
• 1 cup baby kale, or greens of your choice and use organic if possible
• about 1 teaspoon of ginger
• 1/2 cup to 1 cup ice cubes
• more fresh fruit of your choice to top your smoothie, I used fresh strawberries and really ripe mango and they tasted delicious with the sweet watermelon and slight hints of vanilla and ginger.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into a blender along with the frozen watermelon chunks, banana, apple, ginger and contents of the protein powder packet and blend thoroughly.
- Throw the baby kale, or greens of your choice, in the blender next with the ice cubes and remaining 1/2 cup of water and blend for a good minute-and-a-half to two minutes to assure that the greens are broken down and blended well.
- Top your smoothie with fresh fruit of your choice, or even some chia seeds, flax, hemp hearts or other tasty toppers!
|Look at this cute bicycle on a street in rainy Portland! More on that later...|